Wednesday 13 June 2012

Pimp My Ride

So I waited with baited breath this half term, were we going to have a good week with fab weather so the girls could spend the week outside in the garden, maybe a few days camping or the beach, or was it to be a total washout, of course it was the latter! But I am still trying to be optimistic and look forward to the summer ahead!

We have bought all the gear, the new bell tent, the 'new' retro pots and pans plus of course the abundance of bedding, but I am now preparing to take the girls to a 3 day music festival. In the past we have frequented Glastonbury year after year and left our mark. However we are going to have to do things a little differently as we have girls in tow. We have picked the Farm Festival as it's cheap, local and kids are well catered for with their own camping space and plenty of activities to keep them busy, including: magic shows, crazy golf, a young disco, bouncy castle and craft tents.

I would say that generally they are both good at walking, that is until daddy gets involved; both the girls know that when daddy is around if they press the right buttons he will give in and carry them everywhere especially Ruby who often sits on daddy's shoulders pulling at his ears to direct him left or right.

This got me thinking, what if we could take something with us for the girls to sit in when they had had enough of walking, but would also double up as a solution to enable the grown ups to stay out until the wee hours. One year we took a wheelbarrow to Camp Bestival but this seemed to raise a few eyebrows, maybe because my husband had taken it straight off the building site so the dust and wet cement were truly authentic!

Of course the first point of reference was the internet for inspiration and after a quick search I found a perfect and cheap solution, a heavy duty garden cart.




I bought one online and waited with great anticipation.

The festival isn't for a few weeks so I have time to come up with a design and 'pimp' my cart. I do feel some pressure however as 2 other friends have also bought the same cart and so we have taken it upon ourselves to turn it into a 'friendly' competition to see who can come up with the best design. I assumed I could win this hands down, as being married to a man who knows his way around a power tool I'd have the upper hand. Little did I realise at the time he had diminished all responsibility and had no intention of helping!

Again I turned to the internet to find some inspiration and was amazed at what I stumbled upon.













People really do take this seriously! The pressure is now on but I'm up for the challange and looking forward to getting started. So watch this space and hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to share some pictures of our new toy!

Farm Festival - Gilcombe Farm Bruton Somerset - Adult weekend tickets for Friday 27th & Saturday 28th July are priced at a recession busting £40, including free camping and parking, with kids under 12 going free. With profits donated to charities Pratical Action, Somerset & Dorset Air Ambulance and The British Stammering Association.

Just thought I would add an update from our weekend away at Farm Fest. We were truly blessed with the weather, the sun shone on us all weekend and the kids had a fab but very tiring weekend!



The cart proved to be a huge success!

Just about room for 2!


Us mums!


No comments:

Post a Comment